Friday, January 18, 2013

Post surgery ups and downs

Wow post surgery was a roller coaster of epic proportion! I lost 17lbs in the first 4-5 days! I was so excited to see that drop every morning. (I do not recommend weighing your self every morning) Then it STOPPED! Not slowed down stopped, like both feet on the brake! What?!?! So for 3 weeks...yes 3, I did not lose 1lb. I was devastated! At this point I could only eat about an ounce of food at meal. So to put that into perspective...a sugar free jello cup could be my meal for the DAY! I could only drink sips of water and could not drink anything 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after I ate! So to be eating like this and not lose 1 stinking pound was heartbreaking! I would pray, "God I know you brought me to this for a greater purpose....please reveal it!" I did not go through this to lose 17lbs! I was frustrated and I cried A LOT! But as I would pray, peace would fill my spirit! Jeremiah 29:11----I know the plans!!!!

After 3 weeks of agony, the weight started dropping off! I was able to eat more but watched what I ate because somethings actually made me physically ill! There were times I would cry because I could not eat what I wanted or as much as u wanted. I would eat something I knew would make me sick...just for the pleasure before the sickness!

By the 1 year mark...I had lost 93lbs. I went from a size 22-24 to a 10-12! I felt great! Maybe a little too great! Have you ever gotten to the pout where things are going so smoothly that you forgot about how far you have come and even who gave you the strength to get through it?

and I thought "Thanks God....I got this!"



No comments: